Alison is the Owner/Director of Simply Marketing Limited and has worked with hundreds of business owners offering simple, cost effective, practical and achievable solutions to marketing problems.
She is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and a qualified marketer.
A social media expert, trainer and speaker, Alison regularly provides advice to businesses to guide their social media policies and strategy. She has a passion for helping new and existing businesses in the rural economy to overcome their unique problems by teaching them how to maximise opportunities and turn perceived weaknesses into strengths.
From rural organisations to hospitality and food retail, Alison’s aim is to inspire businesses throughout the United Kingdom to harness the power of social media to achieve effective results. Alison has been involved in a variety of rural roles including:
- Advisor to the Pasture Fed Group
- Coordinator of the ‘I Love Manx’ Campaign – Joint Venture Manx NFU and DEFA
- Speaker at the Oxford Real Farming Conference in 2014
- Marketing Coordinator for Isle of Man Food & Drink Ltd.
- Delegate at the 19th Worshipful Company of Farmers
- Challenge of Rural Leadership course in January 2015
- Speaker at LEAF Conference 'Engaging fertile minds', Harper Adams University, Student Forum & Farm Business Show 2017
- Member of the British Guild of Agricultural Journalists
Simon is the Owner/Director of SRH Agribusiness Ltd, an independent advisory firm off ering strategic rural business advice and social media training to all types of organisations across the rural sector.
He is a graduate of Harper Adams University, and holds a BSc (Hons) in Agricultural Business Development (2009) and an MSc in International Agribusiness and Farm Management (2013).
His Master’s thesis was focused on “the value of social media to the rural industries”.
He is an associate of Reading Agricultural Consultants, specialists in providing expertise and advice on agricultural, environmental and countryside issues.
Founder of the @FarmersOfTheUK and @FarmsOfTheWorld accounts, and co-founder of @AgriChatUK, Simon is often quoted in various articles on social media use within the rural industry, featuring in publications including Farmers Guardian, Farmers Weekly, and British Farmer and Grower. In 2018 Simon was named at one of four, farming social media influencers by The Farmers Guardian.
From speaking at national conferences to providing advice and training to some of the UK’s largest food and rural businesses, Simon is passionate about helping individuals and organisations to use social media more eff ectively.
His other industry roles include:
- Member of the Institute of Agricultural Management
- Delegate at the 19th Worshipful Company of Farmers Challenge of Rural Leadership course in January 2015
- Delegate at the Institute of Agricultural Management Leadership Development Programme in March/April 2016
- Farmer's Weekly Ag Careers Live Event and Young Farmers Annual Conference 2017
- Keynote Speaker - Food & Farm Care - Ontario - Annual Conference 2018
- Board Member and Treasurer of the British Guild of Agricultural Journalists